Everest Base Camp Trek
No matter how many people trek to base camp Everest, no matter how crowded the trail gets, and no matter how many new trekking routes get discovered in the Himalayas, Everest Base Camp Trek will be the best trek in the Himalayas. It is what it is. Conquering Mt. Everest is no joke, and not the majority of people can do it. However, with little preparation, one can reach the lap of Mt. Everest, which is an equally rewarding and great achievement.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek
- Wonderful flight experience in & out of Lukla airport
- Trek through Sherpa settlement areas, overlooking their daily lifestyle and culture
- The lower part of the trail ascends through dense forests and crosses many suspension bridges
- Walk along the side of verdant foothills, enjoying the stunning scenery
- Spend close time with locals and visit the ancient monsters of the Khumbu region
- Reach the Everest Base Camp, a noteworthy height
- Witness gorgeous sunrise from Kala Patthar
- Fantastic mountain views throughout the trek
Everest Base Camp Trekking explores the foothills of the Khumbu region and the rich flora & fauna of the Sagarmatha National Park. Khumbu region is a remote area barely touched by modern cities. Namche Bazaar is the only place in the region with most of the facilities.
Hundreds and thousands of trekkers trek to the Everest Base Camp every year. If you always loved or dreamed of going off-grid amidst woods and giant mountains, then you should consider Everest Base Camp Trek. Frankly speaking, this trip will rejuvenate your soul and clear your mind. The landscapes and mountain views along the Everest Base Camp Trekking route are sensational. Every bend in the trail opens up a better scenery.
The best thing about Everest Base Camp Trekking is you can do it on a tight budget or splurge as much you want and trek lavishly. Trekking lavishly in the remote region does sound intriguing right? Check out our Everest Base Camp Trek return by Helicopter Package. Overall, Everest Base Camp Trek is a fantastic adventurous trip recommended to both beginner and experienced trekkers.
Everest Gokyo Trek
Everest Gokyo Trek or Everest Gokyo Lakes Trek takes you one step further than the famous EBC Trek. It is the ideal package for trekkers who are looking for something extra in the Khumbu region. Everest Gokyo Trek is a little more challenging than the usual EBC trek, but the experience it offers is worth all the difficulties.
Highlights of Everest Gokyo Trek
- Amazing Kathmandu Lukla flight
- Lush forests and beautiful villages along the way
- A less crowded trekking route with fantastic landscape
- Spend a couple of nights at the iconic Namche Bazaar
- Explore the Gokyo Valley and the alpine Gokyo Lakes
- Cross the Cho La Pass- the top of the pass offers a view unlike any other place
- Reach the Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar
Everest Gokyo Trek combines a trek to Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar with the holy Gokyo Lakes. The first part of the trek is Phortse Drengka from Namche Bazaar. You'll be following a very different route, which is less traveled. Passing through the lovely villages of Dole and Machherma, you reach the Gokyo village at 4,790 m.
There are six main Gokyo Lakes. Each lake has its religious values. Before leaving Gokyo Valley, you ascend to Gokyo Ri, a vantage point that offers outstanding views of mountains. The Gokyo Lakes trek with Everest Base Camp then crosses the difficult Cho La pass and heads towards the base camp of Mount Everest. In the next few days, the trail touches the highest point of the Everest Gokyo Trek and drops down to Lukla.
The Himalayan mountain's views are phenomenal on this trek. Mt. Cho Oyu, Island Peak, Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, and Mt. Ama Dablam, are some of the mountains you get to see while trekking. Apart from the towering mountains, the lush green hills, terraced fields, meadows, and rivers make the scenery even more pleasing.
If you trust your body and have some extra days, we highly recommend Everest Gokyo Lakes Trek. You'll not regret going on this trek even with all the hurdles the trail has.
Everest Three High Passes Trek
Everest Three High Passes Trek allows travelers to enjoy everything that the Khumbu region has to offer. First of all, it is not an easy trek as the name of the package itself says. Everest Three High Passes Trekking crosses the three high passes of the Khumbu region - Kongma La, Cho La, and Rengo La. This trek is only recommended to experienced trekkers who can push themselves on steep glacial uphill routes and endure limited services.
Highlights of Everest Three High Passes Trek
- Enjoy aerial mountain views during the Kathmandu Lukla flight
- Trek through rhododendron forests and picturesque Sherpa villages
- Cross suspension bridges and streams
- Mingle with locals and get to know their lifestyle closely
- Reach Everest Base Camp and hike to Kala Patthar, one of the best sunrises Earth has to offer
- Explore the gorgeous Gokyo Valley and spend time around the shores of stunning Gokyo Lakes
- Cross the three challenging passes - Kongma La, Renjo La, and Cho La
- The journey is full of breathtaking mountain panoramas
You will be trekking through remote mountain Sherpa villages, observing their daily lifestyle and lush rhododendron forests. The trial crosses suspension bridges and streams. Everest Base Camp, Kala Patthar, and Gokyo Lakes, pretty much every popular nook and corner are touched during Everest Three High Passes Trek.
Reaching the top of all three passes is strenuous. You have to deal with strong wind, cold, and off-beat routes. However, once you reach the top, you'll find yourself above the clouds, relishing some of the best views the Khumbu region has to offer. And very few travelers get to see these views.
Everest Three High Passes Trekking is adventurous but also enriching in cultural aspects. While trekking, you get to visit some of the oldest monasteries of the region, like Khumjung monastery, Pangboche monastery, and Tengboche monastery. Apart from them, the trail is full of the stupa, Chortens, prayer wheels, and prayer flags.
Locals worship these giant mountains as their god and ask to protect them & everyone who is traveling in the region. This is the specialty of trekking in the Himalayas in Nepal. You not only get the adventure part but also come across ancient cultural heritage wherever you go.
Gokyo Lake Trek
Gokyo Lake Trek is a remarkable journey that leads trekkers to the beautiful Gokyo Valley, where the six stunning Gokyo Lakes are situated. This trek leaves the bustle of the EBC trail and follows a relatively serene route in the Khumbu region. Gokyo Lake Trekking is a high-altitude teahouse trek that will leave you spellbound with its breathtaking views.
Highlights of Gokyo Lakes Trek
- Thrilling flight to Lukla airport
- Come across a wide range of alpine vegetation while passing by Sagarmatha National Park
- Spend time with locals while passing by beautiful villages
- Visit ancient monasteries along the way
- Explore the Gokyo valley and the captivating turquoise Gokyo Lakes
- Witness wonderful scenery and mountain panorama
This journey to the shores of six alpine lakes in the Everest region is very adventurous and intriguing. The trek showers you with superb mountain views, tranquility, and a once-in-a-lifetime trekking experience. Icy rivers, glacier debris, rushing rivers, fine mountain villages, snow-capped mountains, and lush forests are some of the highlights of the Gokyo Lakes trek.
Our Gokyo Lakes Trek itinerary is doable for beginner trekkers too because we do not cross any pass in this trek. From Namche Bazaar, the trail steeply climbs through rhododendron forests to Dole and then to Machherma. From here onwards, the trail leads to Gokyo Valley. You'll spend a couple of nights here and hike to Gokyo Ri before returning.
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
We must admit Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour has become the most loved trip in the Everest region. Even the travelers who are going on the trek to base camp Everest are combining a helicopter return at the end of the trek to enjoy jaw-dropping aerial mountain panorama.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
- A short day trip to the lap of Mt. Everest, the highest mountain in the world
- Multiple landings at different places like Lukla airport, Kala Patthar, Syangboche Airstrip
- Window seat to all participants to enjoy full aerial views of the snow-capped mountains
- Fly over the Sherpa settlement areas and Khumbu Glacier
- Have a scrumptious breakfast at one of the highest hotels in the world- Everest View Hotel
- Best price on group joining, guaranteed departure, and 100% safe flight
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour is very special and unlike any other helicopter tour that is limited to flight experience only. On Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour, you'll land at multiple places, even for a short time. This offers the participants a very immersive experience in the Khumbu region.
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with landing is a day trip. One can complete the trip in around 4 hours. The Everest helicopter tours generally begin at 6:30 to 7:30 AM in the morning and end at 12 PM noon. It is a perfect adventure trip for travelers who cannot go on a trek to enjoy the beauty of the Everest region or have an extra day in Kathmandu and are looking for activities.
The Everest Base Camp Helicopter flight landing tour takes off from Kathmandu domestic airport and flies to Lukla airport. Here, you'll land for 15 minutes to refuel the helicopter and fly to Kala Patthar. Then the next stop is Syangboche Airstrip. Before flying back to Kathmandu, you will enjoy delicious breakfasts in the Hotel Everest View, one of the highest hotels in the world with a Guinness World Record.
Short Everest Base Camp Trek
And the last very famous trek in the Khumbu region is the Short Everest Base Camp Trek. This trek is usually preferred by travelers who cannot go on the usual EBC trek because of time limitations. The trail is the same and goes through beautiful villages like Phakding, Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Pangboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, and Gorak Shep.
Highlights of Short Everest Base Camp Trek
- Complete the trek in less than 12 days
- Trek in the Sagarmatha National Park
- The trekking route involves dense forests, streams, waterfalls, old bridges, and mountain villages
- Explore Namche Bazaar, the famous Sherpa town
- Have close interaction with Sherpas and other mountain communities
- Witness heavenly mountain views, sunrises, sunsets, and diverse sceneries
- The most nerve-racking part of the trek is the Lukla Kathmandu flight
- Every day brings new surprises with it. The only constant will be giant mountains and friendly villagers. Trekking far away in the remote region where you'll only meet with either like-minded travelers or the locals living a simple life is nothing less than a lifetime journey.
Reach the Everest Base Camp (5,364 m) and further embark towards Kala Patthar (5,545 m) viewpoint, the last and the highest point of the Short Everest Base Camp Trek. Witness stunning mountain panorama of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Island Peak, Pumori, Baruntse, etc. Likewise, learn about the culture & traditions of Sherpas and people from other communities.
We believe the Short Everest Base Camp Trek is a little bit more challenging than the usual 14 days EBC trek because there's no resting time in the itinerary and the per-day walk ranges between 6 to 8 hours. Before booking the Short Everest Base Camp Trekking, go through the itinerary and see if your body can deal with it or not.